- Eliciting Buyer Preferences as a Market Design Problem (with Ramesh Johari)
- Reputation Inflation (with Joe Golden and Apostolos Filippas)
- The Death of Technical Skill: Evidence from the Demise of Adobe Flash (with Sonny Tambe)
- Tatonnement in a Market for Transportation (with Jonathan Hall and Dan Knoepfle)
Published Peer-Reviewed Papers
- “The Effects of Algorithmic Labor Market Recommendations: Evidence from a Field Experiment”, The Journal of Labor Economics., 35(2), 2017.
- “Are Online Labor Markets Spot Markets for Tasks?:A Field Experiment on the Behavioral Response to Wage Cuts” (with Daniel Chen), Information Systems Research, 2016.
- “Labor Economists Get Their Microscope: Big Data and Labor Economics “ (with Prasanna Tambe), Big Data, (2016).
- “The Online Laboratory: Conducting Experiments in a Real Labor Market” (with David Rand and Richard Zeckhauser) Experimental Economics, 14:3 (2011), 399-425.
- “The Condition of the Turking Class: Are Online Employers Fair and Honest?” Economics Letters, 111:1 (April 2011), 10-12.
- “Digitization of Information and the Market for Contract Labor”; (with A. Agrawal, N. Lacetera and E. Lyons). NBER Working Paper 19925.
Published Peer-Reviewed Paper in Conference Proceedings
- “The Future of Crowd Work” (with Aniket Kittur, Jeffrey V. Nickerson, Michael S. Bernstein, Elizabeth M. Gerber, Aaron Shaw, John Zimmerman and Matthew Lease), Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (ACM-CSCW), February 2013.
- “Labor Allocation in Paid Crowdsourcing: Experimental Evidence on Positioning, Nudges and Prices” (with Dana Chandler), Proceedings of the 25th Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Human Computation Workshop (HCOMP), August 2011.
- “Designing Incentives for Inexpert Human Raters” (with Aaron Shaw and Daniel Chen), Proceedings of the ACM Conference of Computer Supported Cooperative Work (ACM-CSCW), Best Paper Nominee, March 2011.
- The most heavily-cited paper from the 2011 ACM-CSCW proceedings (as of November 27th, 2013), according to Google Scholar
- Replication: https://github.com/aaronshaw/inexpert_raters
- “Online Labor Markets,” Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Internet and Network Economics (WINE), December 2010
- “Algorithmic Wage Negotiations: Applications to Paid Crowdsourcing” (with Richard Zeckhauser), Proceedings of CrowdConf, 2010
- “Task Search in a Human Computation Market” (with Lydia Chilton, Rob Miller and Shiri Azenkot), Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining/Human Computation (ACM-KDD/HCOMP), 2010.
- “The Labor Economics of Paid Crowdsourcing” (with Lydia Chilton), Proceedings of the 11th ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce (ACM-EC), 2010.
- “The Need for Standardization in Crowdsourcing” (with Panagiotis Ipeirotis), presented at the Crowdsourcing Workshop, ACM-CHI 2011 (Vancouver, BC), May 2011.
- “Heads in the Cloud: Challenges and Opportunities in Human Computation” (with Robert C. Miller, Greg Little, Michael Bernstein, Jeffrey P. Bigham, Lydia B. Chilton, Max Guldman and Rajeev Nayak), XRDS: Crossroads, the ACM Magazine for Students, December 2010.