Job Market Paper
- "Computer-mediated Matchmaking: Facilitating Employer Search and Screening," 2012. Status: Draft available.
- "Employer Expectations, Peer Effects and Productivity: Evidence from a Series of Field Experiments," 2010. Status: Draft available.
- "The Wages of Pay Cuts: Evidence from a Field Experiment" (with Daniel Chen), 2012. Status: Draft available.
- "Procurement, Incentives and Bargaining Friction: Evidence from Government Contracts," 2009. Status: R&R at The Journal of Law & Economics
Publications in Economics Journals
- "The Online Laboratory: Conducting Experiments in a Real Labor Market" (with David Rand and Richard Zeckhauser) Experimental Economics, 14:3 (2011), 399-425.
- "The Condition of the Turking Class: Are Online Employers Fair and Honest?" Economics Letters, 111:1 (April 2011), 10-12.
Publications in Computer Science Journals / Published Proceedings
- "The Future of Crowd Work" (with Aniket Kittur, Jeffrey V. Nickerson, Michael S. Bernstein, Elizabeth M. Gerber, Aaron Shaw, John Zimmerman and Matthew Lease), Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (ACM-CSCW), February 2013.
- "Labor Allocation in Paid Crowdsourcing: Experimental Evidence on Positioning, Nudges and Prices" (with Dana Chandler), Proceedings of the 25th Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Human Computation Workshop (HCOMP), August 2011.
- "Designing Incentives for Inexpert Human Raters" (with Aaron Shaw and Daniel Chen), Proceedings of the ACM Conference of Computer Supported Cooperative Work (ACM-CSCW), Best Paper Nominee, March 2011.
- "Online Labor Markets," Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Internet and Network Economics (WINE), December 2010
- "Algorithmic Wage Negotiations: Applications to Paid Crowdsourcing" (with Richard Zeckhauser), Proceedings of CrowdConf, 2010
- "Task Search in a Human Computation Market" (with Lydia Chilton, Rob Miller and Shiri Azenkot), Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining/Human Computation (ACM-KDD/HCOMP), 2010.
- "The Labor Economics of Paid Crowdsourcing" (with Lydia Chilton), Proceedings of the 11th ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce (ACM-EC), 2010.
- "The Dot Guessing Game: A Fruit Fly For Human Computation," 2010. Status: Draft available.
- "The Need for Standardization in Crowdsourcing" (with Panagiotis Ipeirotis), presented at the Crowdsourcing Workshop, ACM-CHI 2011 (Vancouver, BC), May 2011.
- "Heads in the Cloud: Challenges and Opportunities in Human Computation" (with Robert C. Miller, Greg Little, Michael Bernstein, Jeffrey P. Bigham, Lydia B. Chilton, Max Goldman and Rajeev Nayak), XRDS: Crossroads, the ACM Magazine for Students, December 2010.
Research Papers in Progress
- "Overcoming Congestion in a Matching Market by Making Applications Costly" (with R. Johari and D. Chandler).
- "Virtual Migration: the Effect of Outsourcing through Online Platforms on Workers in Developing Countries" (with D. Pomeranz).
- "Digitization of Information and the Market for Contract Labor" (with A. Agrawal, N. Lacetera and E. Lyons). To appear in the NBER Economics of Digitization volume.
- "Helping Workers Make Human Capital Decisions via Algorithmic Recommendations" (with P. Coles).